Trans bhutan trek - challenging
Distance 183 Km, Avg 17Km/ Day
In this Trans Bhutan Trail, you will walk the ancient trails of Haa, Paro, Thimphu & Punakha. To endeavor into this trail, you will require some level of physical fitness.
The trail starts from Haa and ends in Paro. The trail from Haa to Paro used to be used by Haap to travel for generations to trade with Parops. The hard weather in Haa hampered local paddy cultivation. Therefore, they exchanged 20 dirhams of dried meat for 20 dirhams of rice at Paro Tshogdu (market).
The central monastic body has used this route to travel to Punakha for the winter and back to Thimphu in the summer.
By venturing into this trek, you will also travel along this historic route, used by ancient messengers, warriors, and individuals engaging in barter and paying the Wola (Labor Tax).
Package Details :
Duration: 14 Nights/ 15 Days
Location:Thimphu- Haa-Katsho-Paro- Dopshari -Tsalungna-Thimphu- Dochula – Toeb Chandana- Punakha- Lingmukha – Samtengang – Razawo – Pelela- Paro
- Enjoy the panoramic view of Haa , Thimphu Paro and Punakha Valley
- Visit ancient temples like Kyichu Lhakhang, built in 7th century
- Savor Bhutanese local food delicacies
- Interact with locals
- Treat yourself with stunning views of Himalayan range ( Mount Jichu Drake(6794m)/Mount Jomolhari (7314m), Gangkar Puensum & Mount Tsheringma (6789m)
- Enjoy the picnic lunch on the hill top.
- Take a forest bath through rhododendron & bamboo forest
- Traverse through traditional Bhutanese farming villages
- Enjoy a colorful kaleidoscope of golden mustard fields, rooftops spread with drying bright red chilies, neat whitewashed homes tucked away on terraced rice and buckwheat patches, and high passes marked by masses of fluttering prayer flags.
- Experience the lesser traveled areas of Bhutan
- Capture the heart & soul of Bhutan Village life
- Learn the art of preparing Bhutanese Cuisine, Suja
- Visit the popular sightseeing places:Kyichu Lhakhang, Ta Dzong, Buddha Point,Simtokha Dzong, Punakha Dzong
- Take Part in local Activities- local archery game & Khuru
- Rejuvenate in traditional hot stone bath
- Enjoy Panoramic vistas of valleys and Eastern Himalayas from the highest passes ( Dochula & Pelela & Chelela )
A sustainable tourism Royalty (SDF) to the Government which goes towards the economic developmental works, e.g. education, health, roads, etc.
Accommodations in 3- star properties. (Can be upgraded to 4 & 5-star with additional Premium)
All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Certified English Speaking Bhutanese Guide.
All ground transportation
All internal taxes and charges including Entry Fees
Mineral Water while traveling
Complimentary from company:
Traditional Hot Stone Bath
Facilities provided on the trek
First Aid Box
Sleeping tent / Dining tent / Toilet tent with toilet pot/toilet paper.
Hot water bag with cover.
Cook and supporting staff.
Airfare (can be arranged with us)
Any Expenses of Personal Nature
Tips for the guide and driver