TRANS BHUTAN TRAIL CENTRAL BHUTAN EASY
Experience Authentic Bhutan by walking the footsteps of our ancestors in the newly restored Trans Bhutan Trail.
In the 16th century, this historic route, which stretches 403 kilometers from Haa in the west of Bhutan to Trashigang in the east, would have been the only way to communicate between the strategically placed dzongs (fortresses) along the route.
The Garps (messengers) of the Trail were notorious for carrying important messages between Dzongs at breakneck rates while receiving little to no rest or nourishment. The numerous kingdoms in the area were eventually brought together by the Trail, which eventually led to the creation of Bhutan as a nation in 1907.
The Trail was abandoned in the 1960s when Bhutan’s National Highway was built. Still, it was revived in 2019 due to a collaboration between the Royal Bhutanese Government, the Tourism Council of Bhutan, and the Bhutan Canada Foundation. The Trail now draws travelers from all over Bhutan and the globe.
On this 9-day journey, hike and discover central and western Bhutan. On this tour led by our guide, you will get the opportunity to explore historic temples, taste traditional Bhutanese Culture, see village ways of life & also walk through the famous Trans Bhutan Trail.
If you want to try something more challenging then you can try the Western Bhutan Trans Bhutan Trail.
Duration: 8 Nights/ 9 Days
Location:Thimphu, Punakha and Paro
- Enjoy the panoramic view of Haa & Paro Valley
- Visit ancient temples like Kyichu Lhakhang, built in 7th century
- Savor Bhutanese local food delicacies
- Treat yourself with stunning views of Himalayan range ( Mount Jichu Drake(6794m)/Mount Jomolhari (7314m), Gangkar Puensum & Mount Tsheringma (6789m)
- Take a forest bath through rhododendron , bamboo forest as you hike through Trans Bhutan Trail
- Traverse through traditional Bhutanese farming villages
- Enjoy a colorful kaleidoscope of golden mustard fields, rooftops spread with drying bright red chilies, neat whitewashed homes tucked away on terraced rice and buckwheat patches, and high passes marked by masses of fluttering prayer flags.
- Experience the lesser traveled areas of Bhutan
- Capture the heart & soul of Bhutan Village life
- Learn the art of preparing Bhutanese Cuisine, Suja
- Take Part in local Activities- local archery game & Khuru
- Rejuvenate in traditional hot stone bath
- Capture the fascinating landscapes of Bumthang Valley, the spiritual heartland of Bhutan. Also known as the “Switzerland of the East”.
- Treat your lungs with breaths of fresh air every day.
- Visit the ancient Jambay and Tamzhing Lhakhang and unveil the mystical legends related to the construction of the Lhakhangs.
- Visit the majestic Trongsa Dzong
- Visit Bumthang Valley, the most beautiful and spiritual heartland of Bhutan. Known as the “Switzerland of the East”, it is home to some of the great Buddhist teachers.
- Hike to Ura valley
- A Sustainable Tourism Royalty (SDF) to the Royal Government of Bhutan which goes towards the economic developmental works such as in the education, helath, road sectors, etc.,
- Bhutan Visa
- Accommodations in 3- star / Homestay wherever required
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Certified English Speaking Bhutanese Guide.
- All ground transportation
- All internal taxes and charges including Entry Fees
- Mineral Water while traveling
Complimentary from company:
- Traditional Hot Stone Bath
- Any Expenses of personal nature
- Alcohol & Beverages
- Tips to Guides/ Drivers