Punakha Drupchen is an annual festival celebrated for about 3 days usually in the month of February or March. It’s a spectacular celebration of the 17th-century triumph of Bhutanese armies over Tibetan invaders. Palden Lhamo, Bhutan’s patron god, is also honored throughout the festival.
The Punakha Dzong comes to life with the sound of trumpets, drums, and cymbals during Punakha Drupchen. The festival’s high point is a reenactment of old battle scenes, in which actors in period costumes portray the victory of the Bhutanese army.
This Journey of 8 nights allows you to experience 4 beautiful Valleys of Bhutan. The journey starts in Thimphu, then takes you to Punakha, Gangtey and finally to Paro where you will end your journey.
Duration: 8 Nights/ 9 Days
Feb – 16 to Feb -18, 2024
- Immerse in the festive atmosphere with drums, cymbals, and traditional music; locals in traditional attire of the Punakha Drubchen.
- Witness the dramatic reenactment of historical battle scene by men in warrior attire (pazaps).
- Witness the religious ceremonies with sacred masked dances (cham) performed by monks in Punakha Dzong.
- Visual Delight: Get your camera ready to capture the visually stunning moments of the mask dances. Focus on the intricate details of the masks, the graceful movements of the performers, and the synchronized choreography.
Hike – ( The signature spot of Bhutan)
- Embark on an unforgettable journey to Bhutan’s iconic Tiger’s Nest monastery, perched dramatically on a cliff.
Culinary delights not to be missed!
- Indulge in the flavors of Bhutan with authentic cuisine like Ema Datshi, Momos, and Ara—culinary delights not to be missed!
Enchanting Valleys of Bhutan: Phobjikha, Punakha, Thimphu, and Paro
- Phobjikha valley: Experience the glacial splendor of Phobjikha valley, a picturesque valley known for its breathtaking beauty and serene ambiance.
- Punakha valley: Explore the golden Punakha valley, where the vibrant and visually splendid Punakha Drubchen festival takes place at the majestic Punakha Dzong courtyard.
Thimphu – the cpital of Bhutan: Discover the wonders of Thimphu Valley, where ancient traditions meet modernity amidst captivating landscapes.
Paro Valley: Discover Paro Valley, home to Bhutan’s only international airport and the iconic Tiger’s Nest monastery—an enchanting blend of nature and spirituality.
Sustainable Development Fee to the Government of Bhutan which goes towards the development of schools. hospitals. etc.,
Accommodations in 3- star properties. (Can be upgraded to 4 & 5-star with additional Premium)
All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Certified English Speaking Bhutanese Guide.
All ground transportation
All internal taxes and charges including Entry Fees
Mineral Water while traveling
Complimentary from company:
Traditional Hot Stone Bath
Airfare (can be arranged with us)
Any Expenses of Personal Nature
Tips for the guide and driver