Gomphu kora Tshechu
If magic and myths fascinates you then you cannot miss the unique Eastern Bhutan Festival of Gomphu Kora. It is uplifting, colorful with tremendous religious significance. The people all over the Eastern Bhutan including the tribes from neighboring Arunachal Pradesh, come to witness the Gom Kora Festival in their finest attire. Gom Kora itself is a place of magic. It has the ambience of medieval time with gigantic monolithic rocks rising from the paddy fields and the roaring Dangmechu river in the background.
This 2 weeks Bhutan tour can be rewarding in terms of getting to know Bhutan’s diversified Culture.
The Tour begins from the West of Bhutan (Thimphu, Paro, Punakha) where you can enjoy historical sightseeing places. Then stop at Bumthang , the heart of Central Bhutan and end in the remote village of Eastern Bhutan. You will also be visiting the less touristic places like Lhuntse , Mongar , Trashiyangtse where you can taste authentic rural Bhutan.
Duration: 14 Nights/ 15 Days
Location:Thimphu- Punakha- Phobjikha-Trongsa- Bumthang- Mongar- Lhuntshe- Tashigang- Tashiyangtshe- Paro
31st March, 2023
Venture into the wild and rugged Eastern Bhutan- Explore scenic and remote valleys of Tashigang, Tashiyangtshe and Mongar.
- Enjoy the Gomphu Kora Festival imbued with rich cultural Heritage
- Join the locals in their finest attires and taste the finest festive delicacies
- Realize the meaning of life through act of dances
- Receive blessings from rare display of sacred relics
- Dress in Bhutanese clothing and get to choose your favourite color
- Experience the lesser travelled areas of Bhutan.
- Detour to Drametse Gompa, amongst the most important monasteries of eastern Bhutan. The famous Drametse Nga Chham (Drums of Dramtse), mask dance with drums originated from this monastery. This dance is a ubiquitous feature of many festivals and is also included in the UNESCO list of oral and intangible heritage
Discover the wonders of the Western Bhutan – Explore the valleys of Thimphu, Paro, Punakha and Phobjikha.
- Hike to the stunning Tiger’s Nest Monastery perched on a mountain cliff, 900 meters off the Paro valley.
- Enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the snow-laden Himalayas from Dochu La (Pass). A wonderful sight at 3,100 meters with a concentration of 108 memorial stupas known as “Druk Wangyal Chortens”
- Devour yourself to the invigorating medieval ambience of Tachog Lhakhang.
- Take a short hike to the enchanting Zuri Dzong.
- Feast your eyes to the intricate patterns and architecture of the magnificent Punakha Dzong.
- Hike through the gentle and enchanting Gangtey nature Trail.
- Try your skills in a local game of archery.
Journey to Central Bhutan and explore the natural majesty of Bumthang and Trongsa.
- Capture the fascinating landscapes of Bumthang Valley, the spiritual heartland of Bhutan. Also known as the “Switzerland of the East”.
- Treat your lungs with a breath of fresh air every day.
- Visit the ancient Jambay and Tamzhing Lhakhang and unveil the mystical legends related to the construction of the Lhakhangs.
Sustainable Development Fee to the Government of Bhutan which goes towards the development of schools. hospitals. etc.,
Accommodations in 3- star properties. (Can be upgraded to 4 & 5-star with additional Premium)
All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Certified English Speaking Bhutanese Guide.
All ground transportation
All internal taxes and charges including Entry Fees
Mineral Water while traveling
Complimentary from company:
Traditional Hot Stone Bath
Airfare (can be arranged with us)
Any Expenses of Personal Nature
Tips for the guide and driver